Welcome Directors!Below are the top three things you need to be familiar with immediately: the festival Rules and Regulations, the Forms for registering your ensemble(s) and the Fees for participation. To the right of your screen is a menu featuring various other festival details that will help you to get organized and prepared, including details on the festival venue, a list of equipment provided by the festival, and other important reminders for directors. Check out our frequently asked questions page if you have a particular query, or just contact us for more information. We hope to make your experience at the Golden Horseshoe Music Festival positive as possible for you and your students.
1. Rules and Regulations, ClassesDirectors are encouraged to review the festival Rules and Regulations every year as important revisions are common. Please also check the Performance Class which applies to your ensemble.
2. Registration FormsYou can fill out all the required registration forms online! ONLINE REGISTRATION begins on SATURDAY OCTOBER 19 at 9:00am. A registration confirmation will be emailed to you by the automated system. Please double check your date and time carefully.
3. FeesThere is a $300 fee for each ensemble participating in the GHMF. An invoice will be emailed to you within 2 days of your online registration.
Payment may be made by cheque or e-transfer only. Please mail cheques to: Golden Horseshoe Music Festival (new mailing address)Payment is due within 30 days of invoice date. Your requested date and time will be held for you for 30 days. If we do not receive prompt payment, your time slot(s) will be released and made available to other groups. Once we receive payment, you will be sent a confirmation indicating all the participation details for your ensemble(s). This will include specific times for arrival, warm-up, performance and workshop.
#2-120 Bronte Road
Oakville, Ontario L6L 3C1 Refunds will be issued in the following situations only:
- If the cancellation is due to the teachers’ federation to which the director belongs having ordered that teacher involvement in extra-curricular groups be discontinued in the school’s board (ie federation-mandated work to rule in your panel and your board);
- if the cancellation is due to the teachers’ federation to which the director belongs having ordered a work stoppage in the school’s board (ie federation-mandated strike in your panel and your board);
- if the Golden Horseshoe Music Festival is cancelled.